What will I learn at AS Level?
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression
GCSE Combined Science or GCSE Biology: Level 6
GCSE Mathematics: Level 6
GCSE English: Level 6
People will always require healthy food, novel medicines, clean water, sensibly-produced crops and fuel that is carbon neutral. Without a work-force well trained in the biological sciences, none of this will happen.
From treetops to ocean trenches, ecosystems to organ systems and dinosaurs to DNA - Biology is the study of life. It's an exciting time to be a Biologist. Biologists are working to solve the biggest challenges currently faced by people and the planet - fighting disease, protecting the environment and feeding our growing population. You will find biologists working all over the world in almost every setting imaginable; in research laboratories, hospitals, offices, classrooms, factories, boats, airplanes, submarines, museums, jungles, deserts, forests, caves, treetops, cliffs, frozen tundra...