If you have an interest in Information Technology (IT) and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively, this course provides an excellent broad-based introduction to Information Technology and its use in the workplace.
You will study a number of units, including:
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Working with Others
- Researching a Topic
- Solving Technical IT Problems
- Creating a Spreadsheet to Solve Problems
- Creating a Website
Plus, three units from the following:
- Developing Digital Information using IT
- Using Digital Communication Technologies
- Developing a Computer Program
- Developing a Digital Product
- Creating a Digital Animated Graphic
You will be required to undertake a one-week Work Placement as part of the course.
Standard Level 1 entry requirements apply – you will have completed an educational programme with GCSEs to Grade 2, and/or pass grades in alternative relevant qualifications.
Please note: If you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above in GCSE English and/or Maths you will be required to continue studying these alongside your college course.
On successful completion of this course and to a good standard, it can be used as a stepping stone to a vocational area of your choice, whether it is a Level 2 course at College or directly into employment.
- Database Administrator
- Web Administrator
- Web Designer
- Software Developer
- Computer Games Tester