This is a balanced course with varying
assessments. It promotes deeper understanding of the aspects that affect the body in Sport.
Students will have practical sessions and
experiments with industry standard equipment to explore and understand theory.
This course is particularly suitable if you enjoy
Sport Science and have an interest or regularly participate in some form of Sport or training.
You will cover a number of areas including:
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance
- Specialised Fitness Testing
- Coaching for Performance and Fitness
- Sports Massage
- Sports Injury & Assessment
- Field and Laboratory-based Fitness Testing
- Applied Research Methods for Sport and Exercise Sciences
There is an emphasis on theory, which is explored
in innovative and engaging ways through practical activities. Students are encouraged to embrace e-learning and the use of various types of technology. You will also benefit from participating, both in and out of College, regularly in Sport as a performer, official or coach.
Standard Level 3 vocational entry requirements
apply. The minimum requirement is at least five GCSEs at Grade 4 OR at least 3 GCSE subjects at
Grade 4 alongside alternative GCSE equivalent
requirements. You will need to achieve Grade 4 or above in GCSE Maths, English and Science for this course. If the subject applied for has been taken previously, then at least a Grade 4 at GCSE or Merit at BTEC or OCR Level 2 is required.