Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship Standard 364 - Level 2 Production Chef
Retail and Commercial Enterprise
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||Other Regulated/Accredited Qualification
These employer approved qualifications provide quality employability skills for the hospitality sector. Specifically, this qualification will you the knowledge, understanding and skills to work in a professional cooking environment as a production chef.
This qualification is ideal for someone wishing to further their career within the hospitality industry, developing existing skills by gaining a formal qualification potentially improving their employability.
• Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
• Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes.
• Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
• Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
• Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
• Use specialist kitchen equipment
• Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
• Commit to personal development activities
Your study will cover three main areas, Knowledge and Understanding (Know it), Skills (Show it) and Behaviours (live it). You will work on the following area;
Kitchen operations (all elements of food preparation and cooking cover areas such as, Meat, Poultry, Vegetables, Fish, Hot and Cold Desserts.
Business and Commercial aspects
Personal Development and Performance
How will it be delivered?
You will be assessed by the following methods:
Production of practical dishes
All these elements are combined to be called End Point Assessment
A pre-entry interview will be required and will assess your ability to manage the course.
Entry requirements are set by employers
Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2
English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3 and British Sign Language qualifications are an alternative to English qualifications for whom this is their primary language.
Your next steps...
Commis Chef Apprenticeship or Chef de Partie Apprenticeship.
This qualification will boost your career within the Hospitality & Catering industry.
You may wish to seek employment as:
• Commis Chef
• Production Chef
• Chef de Partie