Painters and decorators use a range of coverings to enhance and protect surfaces. These surfaces could include plaster, metal and wood. Painters and decorators work on a variety of jobs which require a different set of skills and techniques. You could be painting and decorating a house or large commercial buildings. If you like practical work and enjoy being artistic, this could be a perfect career for you. This practical course will equip you with the specialist techniques in painting and decorating.
You will study the following mandatory units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Applying hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for painted decorative work
- Producing specialist architectural finishes for decorative work
- Applying water-borne paint systems using airless equipment
- Applying water-borne paint systems using High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- You will complete 60 hours of work placement which will give you valuable work place experience.
- A full tutorial programme to improve your employability skills and support you through your course.
Completion of Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
Successful completion of this Level 3 study programme could lead to progressing to our Higher Education programme such as the HNC/HND in Construction and the Built Environment. Alternatively, you could use the qualification to improve your chances of gaining an Apprenticeship which will give you valuable work experience.